Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bearded

I recently read an article about Movember in which dudes grow moustaches for the month of November to raise awareness about prostate cancer. I like the idea but I'd like to take it a step further and include the entirety of the face. So I am starting the "Beards Against Blood Cancer" movement, which I'm pretty sure will just be me with a huge beard in April. Why April? Because I am running the Boston Marathon with Team In Training which raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

I already have a "decent" beard going but I do not plan on shaving it until the Boston Marathon in April. This could get crazy, but with the support of the general public, I can make this happen. By support, I mean donations to my fundraising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Pictures of the beards progress will be posted periodically.

I'm going to look into the areodynamics of beards. This could affect my marathon time.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment