Thursday, December 30, 2010

How to...

I never really thought about how I would go about growing a beard.  Hair just grew out of my face and I decided to neglect that fact. Boom! Beard.  But in some serious beard circles (yes, there are such circles), and even in my personal beard journey, you learn there is much more to managing this crude nest of course bristle that seems to continuously seize prime real estate on your face. 


There are issues like:
1. Choosing a bearded role model to
serve as inspiration for growing your own beard.
2. Picking a beard style.
3. Itch relief.
4. Grooming.



Issues 1, 2 and 3 never really crossed my mind but number 4 is definitely going to be important as the length increases on my beard.  According to my research beard hairs grow approximately 6 inches per year.  So I will be looking at the possibility of 30 thousand (avg) 3 inch hairs growing out of my face.  At that length and volume, disregarding the need for grooming could be dangerous.  I do not want to end up like this guy:

Further reading for those starting out:

-How to...

-Beard grooming

No comments:

Post a Comment