Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Weather or Not

Whether the weather is good or not (which isvery subjective I guess), I try to run outside.  Yesterday we got our first snow.  I'm not a big fan, but I'll deal with it and respect it's evil power.  If you want to live in New England this is what you get: three great seasons of clear roads and then this crap.  It's inevitable.  You could be going along great just minding your own business with a windy day here a five degree day there.  Then 30 deg F becomes a heat wave and you train outside in shorts again.  Then BOOM! The side of the road are covered in a cold brown heap of frozen water and who knows what else.

Yesterday was a rest day so I stayed indoors but my training schedule calls for a track workout today.  After a glance outside and a weather.com check, it looks like this track workout may involve skis or skates.

I've been thinking of getting those Yaktrax ice cleats.  I would like to reduce the chance of ending up like this guy:

No comments:

Post a Comment