Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beard Off

So you think you have a beard?  You don't:  The World Beard Championships

Since the early 1990's, originally taking place in Germany, this competition has crowned a World Beard Champion.
"A panel of distinguished judges chooses the best of the best in a variety of categories ranging from the most delicate of moustaches to the elaborate anything-goes freestyle full beard."          
After reading about the WBC I was inspired to throw my beard in the competitive ring.  But who would dare go up against this face:



Only one competitor was confident enough to go face to face with me:

 
I think it's obvious who walked away with this one:


It was hearty competition but I don't think either of us are ready for The US Beard Team which has become a powerhouse in the sport of competitive beard growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment