Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Last Week

I joined Team In Training because I love doing endurance races and I beleive the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is a very important cause.  It became a personal mission to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society the last few years as my sister Beth battled leukemia.  She passed away on September 24, 2010.   Though she is not with us today, Beth's bravery and comforting personality is still a constant source of inspiration and motivation in everything that I do.  I will never forget the fight she put up during the last year of her life.  Giving up was never an option and neither was a pain free day.

So, during my training last week, when things were not going so well and I wanted to stop running because I was feeling tired or sore, I thought of Beth and I did not stop.  These are the moments that remind me of what I am doing and why I am doing it. 

I am proud to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to ensure essential research and patient services continue until a cure is discovered. 

I would like to thank my friends, family and strangers who have shown their support for this cause.  Every donation I see come through, makes my day. 

Please pass the word on and help the team reach its goal of raising $1 Million.


Beth Ann Rebello
January 21, 1969 - September 24, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment